When looked up online, “masticating” is defined as “to chew.” When applied to juicers that means that the juicer will really grind up your fruits and vegetables to make the best juice it possibly can.
Masticating juicers are really on the higher end of juicers and therefore seem to cost more. Those that are interested in these types of juicers are either experienced juicers or are really going to commit to the juicing lifestyle. Here are some options for masticating juicers available on Amazon.
- 1 Masticating Juicers
- 2 Different Types of Masticating Juicers
- 2.0.1 Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Masticating Juicer
- 2.0.2 Tribest SW-2000-B Slowstar Vertical Slow Cold Press Juicer and Mincer
- 2.0.3 Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer B6000P
- 2.0.4 Omega VRT350 Heavy Duty Vert Juicer
- 2.0.5 Kuvings NS-940 Silent Upright Masticating Juicer
- 2.0.6 Omega Vertical Juicing System VSJ843RS
- 2.0.7 Hamilton Beach Juice Extractor, two-speed, 67750
- 2.0.8 Tribest Green Star Elite GSE-5000 Jumbo Twin Gear Cold Press Juice Extractor
- 3 Advantages of Masticating Juicers
- 4 Disadvantages of Masticating Juicers
- 5 Best Options in Masticating Juicers
- 5.1 Champion Masticating Juicers
- 5.2 Omega Juicers
- 5.3 Omega VRT350 Heavy Duty Dual-Stage Vertical Single Auger Low Speed Juicer Silver
- 5.4 Tribest GreenStar Juicers
- 5.5 Tribest Green Star GS-1000 Juice Extractor
- 5.6 Super Angel Juicers
- 5.7 Super Angel DELUXE Model with Soft Fruit Extracting Housing – Replaces AJ5500
- 5.8 Lexen Juicers
- 5.9 Lexen Products Healthy Juicer GP62 Electric Multi-Purpose Wheatgrass, Fruit, Vegetable Juicer
- 6 Conclusion
Which Juicer is the Best Masticator?
Your time is valuable. I am here to help you find the best juicer for your needs. These are my top picks (compared here):
Bullet Juicers – Top Choices:
- Omega J8006HDS – Best Single Gear Juicer – Info Page
- Omega VRT350 – Best Upright Juicer – Info Page
- Hamilton Beach Big Mouth – Best Triturating or Twin-gear Juicer – Info Page
The above list is just for those that know what their needs are and looking for a solution, below we have gone out our way to review all the best models but also look at all your options.
About Masticating Juicers
In literal terms, masticating is the process of chewing. Similar to the chewing process of our body by means of which we extract the nutrients of the food for easy absorption, the masticating juicer gently chew or crush the fruit to squeeze out maximum juices and nutrients in your cup.
On the other hand, the centrifugal juicer, which is another type of juicer available in the market, extracts the juices by pulverizing the fruits and vegetables with a spinning blade. The centrifugal juicer is fast and cheap. However, a masticating juicer is more efficient in extracting utmost nutrients from your fruits and vegetables.
Working of the Masticating Juicers
In a masticating juicer, there is a one or two auger or gears. The auger works much like your teeth. This device crushes the fruits and vegetables to squeeze the juices and the pulp is held by the screen.
The juice is separated from the pulp, strained through a mesh screen and collected in your cup. The pulp is removed from a different chute into a separate container or a bag.
This slow process of juice extraction ensures that the nutrients and enzymes are kept intact. This is why the juices extracted from masticating juicers are always rich in nutrients as compared to the centrifugal juicers.
The slow rotation per minute (RPM) also ensures that the oxidation process of the juices is slow, making them easy to store and refrigerate for a longer time. In the juices produced by centrifugal juicers, the oxidation process is much faster.
Different Types of Masticating Juicers
There are three different types of masticating juicers that you can find in the market.
Each of them comes with their own features and properties. Even within each type of masticating juicers, you will find that different brands have included different features in their juicers to cater to the needs of different users.
Here is a brief discussion on different type of masticating juicers that are available in the market and their benefits and disadvantages.
- Single Gear Masticating Juicers
The single gear masticating juicer was the first masticating juicer to be introduced in market as early as 1930s. Since, then single gear masticating juicers have stood the test of time. They are also called auger masticating juicers.
These juicers have a horizontal design and are known for their versatility in terms of different things that can be done with the help of single gear masticating juicers.
In a single gear masticating juicer, there is a mesh screen which is used in separating juice from pulp. You can remove this screen to perform a wide array of activities with your single gear masticating juicer such as making homemade muesli and baby food, nut butters, puree, sorbets and much more.
They also come at a cheaper range at around $100 to $350, when compared to other masticating juicers
There are however a disadvantage of using single gear masticating juicer. The chute, from which the fruits and vegetables are loaded, is small when compared to other masticating juicers.
For this reason, your fruits and vegetables required more preparation before you can load it in the juicer.
Most masticating juicers have this problem, but it is more pronounced in case of single gear masticating juicer.
This juicer also works as a pasta extruder, food processor, grinder and homogenizer. It has the auto pulp-ejection function which ensures that there will be no need for breaks during juicing complete with reverse mode.
The dual-stage juicing system with a low speed of 80 rpm makes for a great addition. There should be no clogging, foaming or heat build-up and this reduces any nuisance even further. It has a voltage of 110V, measures 14½ by 6½ by 15½ inches and comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Its low speed works to extract juices while maintaining the structure of healthy enzymes in the food. This gives healthy juice that can be stored for almost 72 hours without it degrading.
- The dual stage juicing system extracts as much juice as possible leading to high yield regardless of the item being juiced. It can take leafy greens, pulpy fruits, hard fruits and even process nuts into butters.
- It doesn’t heat up and runs quietly without disrupting the peace.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is higher priced compared to a centrifugal juicer.
These are great functions for a juicer. It works well for that health-conscious individual looking to make healthy fruit and vegetable juices. The family will also benefit from baby food and natural peanut butter. It is a juicer for different nutritional needs and food groups.
It boasts a duoblade double-edged Ultem auger and functions at a low speed of 47 rpm. Its 200-watt motor comes with 3-stage speed reduction gears.
The presence of a separate mincing attachment allows for sorbets, nut butters and pates apart from the regular juices.
- The slow speed prevents oxidation in the juices which in turn provides healthy juice.
- It doesn’t jam due to the powerful motor. The torque produced also produces enough force to crush through hard vegetables and fruits 3 times faster than other slow juicers. It also reduces stress on the gadget.
- This juicer does double the cutting work due to the double-edged auger.
- It remains quiet even with a powerful motor that produces torque equivalent to a 9 HP motor.
- It has a sleek look and occupies minimal space on a counter.
- Cleaning it may be a little troublesome.
- It starts heating up after using it several times.
- Using it with minimal jamming requires the fruits or vegetables be cut into smaller chunks.
This great juicer and mincer works well for the individual looking to implement health-conscious choices even though they have minimal space to spare on the kitchen counter.
Its 3-inch feed chute allows for the use of whole produce. The juicer comes with a low speed of 60 rpm and a powerful 240W motor.
Its slow speed makes for quiet operation producing sound of between 40 and 50 db with minimal vibration. It has a cleaning tool specially made for the strainer and cleaning brushes for easier cleaning.
- The slow masticating technology provides fresh juice laden with flavor and nutrients.
- It is easy to clean with the cleaning tool included.
- A convenient smart cap reduces the mess.
- Its feeding chute is large enough to hold whole fruit and this reduces preparation time and energy used.
- It is a little heavy and takes up a lot of space on counters.
With the sorbet maker attachment and the low noise levels, this slow juicer is best suited for that person interested in a healthy fruit or vegetable juice or a sorbet without causing too much commotion or taking up too much time. It is the ideal time-saver’s juicer.
- Upright Masticating juicers
The basic working premise for both single gear juicers and upright masticating juicers are same. They both crush the fruits and vegetables to extract the juice.
However, upright masticating juicers are designed to save space.
Besides being space-economical, they also have two stage pressing system which allows more juices to be extracted from the fruits and vegetables.
In the first stage, the fruits and vegetables are crushed against the screen to extract the juices.
In the next stage, the ejected pulp is again squeezed to extract any remaining juice. The result is a very dry pulp, more juices from the same amount of fruits and vegetables and more nutrients.
However, upright masticating juicers cannot be used for processing food. This is the one drawback for those people who are looking for a multi-functional juicer.
Its features include low-speed masticating juicing at 80 rpm with a dual stage juicer and is not too heavy at 17.5 pounds.
- Heavy duty juicing screen that works well with everyday use.
- Compact design that fits perfectly into any kitchen.
- Low speeds that give rise to healthier juices.
- Different outlets for juice and pulp.
- It is easy to operate with simple function buttons.
- The feeding tube isn’t too wide and will require you to cut up produce into smaller pieces.
- Parts must be hand washed to get better results.
This juicer is for the health enthusiast who may not quite mind average yield. The different strainers offer different amounts of pulp in the juice and so lovers of pulp will like this too.
Features include a 240-watt motor that runs quietly and slowly at 80 rpm producing a noise level of about 40 to 50 db.
Its components are BPA free with the juice cup and juicing bowl made with Eastman Tritan.
- The slow speed leaves the juice with an ample supply of nutrients because it reduces the risk of oxidation.
- The masticating technology takes juice out from the source instead of shredding and this produces a higher yield.
- It has a magnetic safety sensor that turns off the juicer if it isn’t properly assembled or is disassembled during use.
- One must peel hard-skin fruits before juicing.
- The feeding chute is not too wide and so large ingredients need to be cut up before juicing.
- It cannot be used continuously for more than 30 minutes per juicing session.
- It should only be used for domestic juicing.
Owing to the quality plastic parts inside, this juicer is fit for heavy duty household juicing. It is therefore perfect for those who need to juice their produce but not for long periods of time at a go.
It is a vertical juicer with a motor that rotates at 43 rpm.
The tighter fit model allows it to strain more juice and automatic pulp ejection makes it easy for continuous juicing.
- It is 50% slower than the original low speed juicers. This means that the juice extracted is filled with nutritious components since no oxidation takes place. Its taste is also richer.
- It works for fruit and vegetable juices as well as nut milks.
- It operates quietly.
- The vertical design uses much less space.
- The pulp ejection spout is bigger and therefore doesn’t get plugged.
- It cleans easily.
- The juice comes out with no pulp.
- It has a juice flap that allows the juices to blend before they get into the container. This reduces the amount of froth.
- Juice comes out with very little pulp or none at all depending on what you are juicing.
- The glass screen may break with time due to the pressure and replacing it is a little costly.
An experienced juicer with a keen eye on the small details will appreciate the lower speeds of this juicer coupled with almost non-existent pulp. It works on every food and will work well in a setting with high juicing needs as well as a food processing.
- Triturating or Twin-gear Juicers
These are the most expensive types of masticating juicers, but the incredible benefits they offer, make them worth the price.
These types of juicers have two augers to ensure that the fruits and vegetables are crushed with perfect uniformity.
The triturating juicers have a slowest RPM among all juicers. The slow speed ensures that the nutrients in the fruits and vegetables remain intact, and there is less oxidation because of trapped air.
The slow speed means less aeration, which enables you to keep your juices for a few days.
Twin gear juicers have the highest yield when it comes to extracting juices from different types of fruits, vegetables and grasses.
They are also excellent for making baby foods, sorbets, nut butters and much more.
There are two interlocking gear in the twin gear juicers. The produce is pressed between these two gears which exert a high pressure on the food to ensure that more enzymes and nutrients can be extracted from them.
No juicer is perfect and triturating juicers also have their flaws. The first one is obviously, the expensive price tag they have. They are also not as easy to clean as other masticating juicers.
The twin auger makes the assembly a bit difficult.
Lastly, if you are looking for a fast juicer, then triturating juicer can’t make a place in your list as it is one of the slowest types of juicer there is.
It has a 40-oz BPA-free juice pitcher that also has a froth separator and lid.
The 800-watt motor powers the system with two speeds.
- It is easy to clean since all its removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- The large pulp bin collects large amounts of pulp that can be used in other ways after juicing.
- It comes with a 40-ounce juice container which allows for longer juicing without breaks.
- Its large mouth reduces preparation time since most produce won’t need cutting.
- Two-speed cutting allows for flexibility depending on the kind of produce being juiced, with the low setting for soft foods and the higher speed for hard foods.
- It is lower priced compared to most juicers.
- Its powerful 1.1 HP motor produces enough power to crush all kinds of hard fruits and vegetables.
- It is easy to store.
- The froth separator makes it easy to remove froth for those who don’t care for it.
- The high speeds may compromise the quality of the juice and cause it to oxidize, leading to the juice separating. This interferes with the nutritional content of the juice.
- It produces some froth which is a put-off for some.
It has a 12 year warranty with a voltage of 110V. The twin augers make for better efficiency and the exclusive Magnetic and Bioceramic Technology ensures delayed juice oxidation thereby locking in all the nutrients.
Its complete mastication system breaks down every type of food in three processes for easier juicing. A pressure adjustment mechanism gives the user control over the amount of pressure in the system so as to prevent clogging or jamming.
- It produces healthy juice packed with enzymes and antioxidants due to its complete mastication technology and magnetic and bioceramic technology.
- It is easy to clean up.
- It can be used as a food processor.
- Increased volume of output by up to three times.
- The price tag may be a little higher than most juicers.
- The speed of 110 rpm may be considered a little high compared to other low speed machines. This compromises the quality of the juice.
This is a high-end masticating juicer that doubles up as a food processor. It is best for anyone who likes an efficient gadget that will give them great results at a higher price.
Super Angel All Stainless Steel Twin Gear Juicer 5500
It is made of surgical stainless steel parts. It has a motor that produces 3 HP and runs at 86 rpm.
This model uses twin gears and a two-function juicing system.
- It is heavy duty and produces larger batches of juice.
- Its slow speeds ensure the preservation of juice enzymes for healthier juices.
- It can handle both hard and soft fruits and vegetables as well as nuts.
- The steel construction makes it very durable and attractive.
- It is easy to clean.
- Its powerful motor allows the machine to crush hard fruits and vegetables.
- It produces more volume of juice from the same amount of produce compared to other juicers.
- Much less pulp is left behind making the juice denser and with a richer flavor and color.
- It runs quality even with a powerful motor.
- It has a sturdy build with a five year warranty on the motor.
- Its price tag stands as hefty compared to other juicers.
- It is best suited for larger volumes of juice.
- One must slowly and carefully feed the produce at the top to ensure no leakage. This is because it forms a thick liquid inside that may cause the leak if fed too fast.
This is a powerful juicer and food processor. It works well for all volumes but those making larger volumes will enjoy it too. It is for those looking to save time and make large batches of healthy juices and foods for a much longer time owing to its warranty.
Advantages of Masticating Juicers
- The first benefit of using a masticating juicer is that the juices produced by this type of juicers have high content of nutrients and enzymes. The slow RPM ensures that there is not excess heat generated through friction, unlike centrifugal juicers. This heat can reduce the nutrient and enzyme content in the juice. Therefore the juice produced by a masticating juicer is much more nutritional than centrifugal juicer. The process of masticating also ensures that the highest extent of juice is extracted from the fruits and vegetables.
- The second important benefit of using a masticating juicer is that you can use a wide variety of food items such as different types of fruits, vegetables and leafy greens.
- The masticating juicers are always preferred by the users for its multi-functionality. It can be used to produce homogenous baby foods, puree, sorbets, muesli and much more.
- The slow speed of masticating juicers ensures that there is no air trapped in the juice. This is one of the many benefits provided by the masticating juicers. The air trapped in juice results in the oxidation process of the juices. More air means quick oxidation. The oxidation process renders the benefits of juices useless.
Disadvantages of Masticating Juicers
- Because the process of juice extraction is slow in masticating juicers, some users lose interest in making juices every day. For those who are looking for a fast juicer, centrifugal juicers are the best option. However, they have to keep in mind that a centrifugal juicer will not be able to extract as much nutrients as possible with a masticating juicer. Also the oxidation process starts almost instantly with a juice produced by centrifugal juicer.
- Most masticating juicers come with a high price tag. Even the single auger masticating juicers, which are cheapest kind of masticating juicers, are expensive than the centrifugal juicers. Some people are not as comfortable with this high price tag. However, since a masticating juicer can extract maximum juices from the food items, you will have to use fewer amounts of these items per serving. This will add to the saving overtime and control wastage.
- Most masticating juicers are heavy. This means that you need a dedicated space in your kitchen for your masticating juicers. The people, who cannot afford to have a dedicated space in the kitchen for the masticating juicer, find it cumbersome to use and gradually lose interest in the whole process of juicing.
Choosing the Right Juicer for You
With so many types and brands of juicers, all claiming to be the perfect juicer in the market, it becomes very confusing to decide which type and brand of juicers to choose.
In reality, there is no perfect juicer in the market and different juicers cater to the needs of different users, some of them doing their job better than the others.
Therefore before you go out browsing different types and brands of juicers for you, it is best to evaluate your needs.
Many people just want a juicer which is not heavy on their pocket and which can extract juices in a fast way.
In such case a centrifugal juicer will be more appropriate than a masticating juicer.
If you are just interested in getting juices from fruits, vegetables and grasses then upright masticating juicer is the right choice for you.
However, if you want to perform a wide array of things like making puree, baby food, peanut butter etc, then you should consider buying a single gear masticating juicer or triturating juicer.
The masticating juicer will allow you to extract more benefits from your food items, whether it is juicers, purees or baby food.
Having your own multi-functionality juicer means, you do not have to depend on the stores to buy these health products.
Moreover, when you make your own processed food, you do not have to worry about the harmful preservatives and unknown ingredients of the store bought food items.
Best Options in Masticating Juicers
Here is a list of few of the best options if you want to buy a masticating juicer.
Champion Masticating Juicers
Champion masticating juicers are in the market since 1950s. As such, they are one of the first juicers in the market. The best feature of Champion masticating juicers is their durability. It may be hard to believe but some of the owners are still using their Champion Juicer, they bought back in 1950s.
The newer models are not as expensive as some of the other masticating juicer models, but they still are more expensive than centrifugal juicers. However, with that degree of durability, this is an investment made well.
Here are some of the properties of Champion Masticating Juicers.
- The stainless steel construction gives this product extreme durability.
- The slow motor is heat resistant.
- The juicer is versatile and can be used for multiple purposes like making baby foods and fruit sorbets.
- It can be used easily for dry products like grains and nuts.
- The household model can be used to produce juices several times a day.
- The commercial model can be used much more time than household juicer.
- Both versions have a great yield when it comes to extracting juices.
- For wheat grass you will need to buy a separate green attachment.
- It weighs a lot and need a dedicated space in your kitchen.
- The loading tube is small which means you need to prep your fruits and vegetables.
When it comes to the masticating juicers, the VRT330 Dual-Stage Vertical Single-Auger Juicer from Omega is the highest rated and one of the best sellers. This juicer is praised by the users for its self cleaning system.
Here are some of the properties of Omega Juicers.
- Omega Juicers provide you with an efficient juicing without being heavy on your pocket.
- It is one of the most affordable juicers in the market.
- Their design differentiates them from other juicers of the same category. They enhance the appeal of the kitchen.
- Omega provides 15 years warranty on their juicers.
- The users have praised the customer care services of the company.
- These juicers are low maintenance and easy to clean.
- There are two and three steps juicing process and comes with different price ranges.
Tribest GreenStar Juicers
The Tribest GreenStar Juicers have five models. The price range of these models is somewhere between $529 and $629. Tribest owns a number of small companies which manufactures the high-end kitchen products.
The first triturating juicer was launched in the year 1988 by Tribest.
Here are some of the features of Tribest GreenStar Juicers.
- These juicers feature high-end technology for extracting nutrients from the pulp.
- The magnetic and bio-ceramic technology implemented in these juicers are claimed to be more efficient in extracting the maximum juices and hence nutrients from your fruits and vegetables.
- The tough fiber in the vegetables and fruits are broken down by the extra large pockets in the augers.
- The pulp that is expelled is dry.
Super Angel Juicers
Super Angel triturating juicers are the premiers in the market. The company has an experience of two decades in producing high end triturating juicers with excellent performance.
These juicers are at the high end of the price range, at around $1,000. However, their super fine stainless steel structure not only provides them extra durability but also a beautiful and sleek look.
They have models for both household and commercial usage. These sturdy juicers can endure a lot of pressure without breaking down.
<h4″>Here are some of the properties of Super Angel Juicers.
- The two gear system allows the juicer to extract as much juice possible from your fruits and vegetables, leaving only a very dry pulp.
- The speed is slow which maintains the nutrients and enzymes in the juice.
- The 86 RPM ensures that there is little air trapped in the juice, allowing it to oxidize more slowly.
- There is an exclusive cooling system in Super Angel juicers which allows the motor to run for long periods without putting extra strain.
- The 10 years warranty gives the users piece of mind.
- The 3HP motor makes sure that even the toughest of the fibers are broken down to extract maximum nutrients.
- This high end product is extremely versatile, giving you a lot of options for your health regimen.
- They do weigh a bit more than average juicers and require a dedicated space in the kitchen. However, their smart look is enough to give a modern touch to your kitchen.
- The price is higher and not affordable for many users.
The cheapest of them all, Lexen Juicers can be bought at around $50. GP27 model of Lexen Juicer is also specialized to extract juice from wheatgrass.
So if you just want a juicer which can extract juices from wheatgrass effectively, then you need not to invest so much on other multi-functional juicers.
Here are some of the properties of Lexen Juicers.
- The Lexen Juicers have a slow RPM in the range of 76 to 80. This ensures that there is less foam in the juice. When there is less air trapped in the juice, it will oxidize more slowly.
- One of the best features of Lexen Juicers is that though it has similar functionality of other horizontal juicers in the market, it specializes in extracting wheatgrass juice, something which other models lack.
- There is an unbelievable fifty years warranty on the motor of the juicer. The warranty of other parts is twelve years.
- The product features two augers. Out of these one is dedicated for extracting wheatgrass juice and other is for all other purposes. For some this is troublesome when they want to mix wheatgrass juice with other juices. For this they will have to change the auger.
- Some of the owners are not happy with the fact that it is not easy to clean.
Breville really seems to like to put their juicers in the sleek silver color. This model has a whopping wattage of 850+ and has two speeds.
Though it may seem like a more experienced person’s juicer, the Amazon page actually says that this model is ideal for first time users. It runs at around $145.
- Extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute can create 8oz. cup of juice in just 5 seconds
- 850-watt dual-speed motor
- Powerful stainless-steel cutting disc for fast results
- Safety locking arm, overload protection LED, and large-capacity pulp collector
- Dishwasher-safe parts; includes 1-liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket, and cleaning brush
- 1-year limited warranty
- Warranty options for an extra fee
- Reports of a lot of froth
The Breville comes with a 1 year warranty with the option of purchasing longer ones. They are actually pretty reasonable. The 2 year will run you around $9, while the 3 year is around $12. They might seem worth it when you notice that the Breville is an inch shy of a 5 star rating and the review count is at 3,140.
Yet another company that favors the silver sleek look. As stated on the Amazon page, the Kuvings Multi-Purpose Slow Juicer is the right choice for the health-conscious individuals who want greater variety in their daily juicing routine.
It employs a low speed masticating technology for minimal heat build-up and oxidation and provides juice that is richer in healthy enzymes and vitamins. It will run you around $195 on Amazon.
- Quiet, low-speed (80 rpm) operation with a reliable 170 watt motor
- Masticating technology for higher nutritional value
- Auto-feeding design for quick and convenient operation
- 7 different nozzles for food processing versatility (juicing, mincing, grinding)
- Easy to assemble, disassemble and clean
- Warranties at extra fees
The extra warranty fees of this juicer is pricier than the last. The 2 year cost around $14, while the 3 year is around $16. Also, like the last one, this juicer is an inch shy from a 5 star rating, but at only 71 customer reviews. You have to admit that is pretty impressive. Another thing that is impressive about this juicier is its user friendly design. The handle makes it convenient to use and move the juicer. With less parts to clean, clean-up is quick and effortless. Built-in cord organizer and dust cover make storing hassle free. The stylish design will look great on any kitchen counter.
Here we have come to the most expensive juicer on the list. The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center is a masticating style juicer.
The low speed protects and maintains healthy enzymes, prevents oxidation and allows juice to be stored up to 72 hours without degradation.
Make delicious and nutritious drinks and snacks that everyone will love for around $300.
- Low speed, masticating style juicing system
- You can turn nuts into nut butters, make baby food from natural, fresh ingredients, whip up soy milk, extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, and mince herbs and garlic.
- Powerful gear reduction is equivalent to a 2HP Motor.
- Juicer processes at 80rpm’s. Low speed or masticating style juicer squeezes, instead of grinding, which allows the juice to maintain its pure color, natural taste, vitamins and nutrients.
- Extracts the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, taste and juice from minimum amounts of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens such as spinach and kale, even wheatgrass.
- The low speed system does not mean a longer time to juice. It means a more efficient juicer. More nutrients and antioxidants, plus better flavored juice and freshness.
- Engineered for quiet operation and longer life.
- The low speed system limits froth and foam preventing oxidation.
- Juice can be stored for up to 72 hours without degradation or the juice separation that occurs with other juicers.
- The 2 year and 3 year protection are quite costly.
Yes, this juicer is more costly, but the feedback for it pretty solid. It is just an inch shy from 5 stars and the reviews clock in at 2,398. The letdown is the overall cost of $300 and the pricey protection policies. The 2 year will run you about $18 and the 3 year is around $22.
When thinking about these juicers when it comes to price range, just remember that if you want to purchase the extra warranty, they all come with an extra fee. But really when it comes right down to it, it is not just about price, but what the consumer is comfortable with. You might want a higher wattage level. If that is the case, then you would want to go with the Breville or Omega.
If you want a low wattage level, Kurvings is your juicer. When it comes to the color choice of your juicer, that’s where your options run out. Both the Breville and the Kurvings are silver, while the Omega is black and chrome. Doing more research on these brands may be a good idea as well. Some people like a more quiet motor, while others have no preference as long as it works.
Consider what exactly you need in a juicer, what you will be using it for, and the amount of money you are willing to spend before you purchase such an expensive piece of machinery. You don’t want to make a decision you’ll regret.