Okay, so you want to get onto a juicing trend called “low sugar juicing” maybe because you are a diabetic and know that fruits especially tropical fruits are high in sugar and can skyrocket your blood glucose levels into the next century.
You have come to the right place, because not only will we assist you with some great juicing recipes that won’t raise your glucose levels, but we will share ingredients so you can make your own combination of juices at home and become the juicing chef you always wanted to be.
So here is what you will learn in this article:
- What makes a low sugar juice
- What ingredients and combinations can I use
- 4 Great tasting recipes to start you off with
- 1 What makes a good low sugar juice?
- 2 Here are some ingredients that you can play around with:
- 3 2 Great Tasting Low Sugar Juicing Recipes
What makes a good low sugar juice?
I know what you are thinking before you even said it, and no, it doesn’t have to taste like a bland piece of paper. Its should have a vibrant color, look delicious and tickle your taste buds with every sip you take of your home-made, super-healthy, non-fating juice.
You should not be scared of combinations, and after we show you below the ingredients that won’t drastically increase the sugar content of the juice, you can come up with some wacky and funky juicing combinations. The sky is really the limit because of the amount of combinations there are out there.
We want you to come back and share some of your wild ideas with us because that is the reason for this article, to give you a framework and for you to test and taste and share with us what you have done.
Here is what we believe makes a good juice:
- The General appeal of the Juice
- The taste (main factor)
- Combination of different Fruits and Veggies
- Using other ingredients at your disposal
Here are some ingredients that you can play around with:
You can chose 2 servings of fruit as the 1st element of your juice
*Bananas and Mangoes can only be added as the only fruit (1 serving)
Why do we want you to add green veggies? Well it takes more energy to burn them than the calories it contains. Make sure to add atleast of the below to your sugar decreasing super juice.
Yes, we can add different liquids and not stick to water only, I told you we are going to make this interesting!! Add only 1 cup to your master piece
|Water||Almond Milk||Coconut Water*||Skim Milk||Soy Milk||Plain Low fat Yogurt|
The best liquid to add to your new creation is Coconut Water as it lower the glucose concentration in the blood.
Protein or Fiber
Add 1 tablespoon of the below to your juice to add to the overall benefit.
|Flax Seed||Chia Seed||Tahini||Coconut Meat|
|Peanut Butter||Almond Butter||Protein Powder|
2 Great Tasting Low Sugar Juicing Recipes
The Citrus Kale Whale Juice
- Pears x 2
- Kale leaves x 3
- Celery Stalk x2
- Green Lime x 1
- 1/4 broccoli head
- Small piece of Ginger
- 1 cup of water
- 1Wash and peel all fresh produce
- 2Add Kale and Broccoli and juice to a fine pulp
- 3Add Lime, Pear, Celery and Ginger next and juice
- 4Lastly ass water and juice to a smooth consistency.
*Use our Guide from above to make this recipe your own
The Green Goblin Juice
- Pears x 1
- Kale leaves x 1
- 1/2 a Pineapple
- Lemon x 1
- 1 mint leave
- 2-3 Romaine leaves
- 1 cup of coconut water
- Wash and peel all fresh produce
- Add Kale, Romaine, Pear, Pineapple and juice to a fine pulp
- Add Lemon and mint leaves next and juice
- Lastly add coconut water and juice to create a smooth consistency.
We hope that you have found some inspiration from this article and that you will try a great combination of ingredients and let us know what you came up with. We recommend you to use a bullet juicer for ant of these recipes, if you don’t have a juicer as yet, read our great article on bullet juicers and see which one will work best for you.