Are you looking for an easy and delicious way to get more fruits and vegetables into your diet? Do you want a powerful juicer that can handle all your juicing needs, from leafy greens to hard roots, without taking up too much space? Then look no further than the Breville Juice Fountain BJE530!
In this in-depth review, we’ll cover everything you need to know about this top-rated juicer, from its key features to real hands-on performance. You’ll get the inside scoop on how the Breville Cold Plus can fit into your lifestyle and improve your health.
- Powerful 1000-watt motor handles even hard fruits and veggies with ease
- Cold extraction system preserves nutrients and enzymes
- Extra-wide 3.5-inch chute minimizes prep time
- Juices whole fruits and vegetables with minimal pre-cutting
- Large 70 fl. oz. juice jug with froth separator
- Brushed stainless steel design looks great in any kitchen
- Easy to assemble, use, and clean with dishwasher-safe parts
- 1-year limited warranty provides peace of mind
By the end, you’ll know if the Breville Juice Fountain Cold Plus is the right juicer for your needs and budget. Let’s dive in!
An Introduction to Juicing and Its Benefits
From celebrities to health gurus, it seems like everyone is juicing these days. But what exactly is juicing, and why has it become so popular?
Juicing is the process of extracting the natural liquid from fresh fruits and vegetables. This liquid contains most of the vitamins, minerals, and plant chemicals (phytonutrients) found in produce. By removing the fiber, juicing makes it easier for your body to absorb these nutrients.
There are several evidence-based health benefits of juicing:
- Increased vegetable and fruit intake. Juicing makes it easy to consume more produce than you could typically eat whole. This flood of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals can boost immunity, energy levels, heart health, and more.
- Improved digestion and absorption. The body can rapidly take in pre-broken down nutrients from juice without needing to digest fiber. This makes juicing beneficial for those with digestive issues.
- Detoxification. Flooding your system with juiced veggies like kale, beets, and carrots supports the body’s natural detoxification processes.
- Weight loss aid. Replacing higher calorie foods and drinks with low-sugar, nutrient-dense juices can facilitate fat burning and weight loss.
- Disease prevention. The phytonutrients found abundantly in juice may help prevent chronic illnesses like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
Of course, incorporating juice into a balanced diet is key. But juicing can be a healthy habit when done right! That’s where having the right juicer comes in.
Introducing the Breville Juice Fountain Cold Plus
The Breville Juice Fountain Cold Plus is a centrifugal juicer, meaning it uses a sharp blade and mesh basket spinning at high speeds to shred produce, then spins the juice away from the pulp.
Centrifugal juicers like the Cold Plus are ideal for hard fruits and veggies and deliver juice fast. But how does the Cold Plus stand apart from other centrifugal juicers?
Powerful 1000-Watt Motor
With two speed settings, the Cold Plus can power through even dense produce like beets and carrots with ease. Its heavy-duty 1000-watt motor provides the muscle to extract juice quickly and efficiently.
Cold Spin Technology
The Cold Plus lives up to its name with an innovative cold spin system. It rapidly spins produce at up to 13,000 RPM, then immediately funnels the juice away from the mesh basket and into the jug. This cold extraction method preserves heat-sensitive nutrients like vitamins C and E.
Extra-Wide 3.5-Inch Feed Chute
No need to chop and prep small pieces to fit through a tiny chute! The Cold Plus accommodates whole apples, pears, tomatoes, and other larger produce. Drop them in whole and save valuable prep time.
Seal and Store Juice Jug
The included 70 fl. oz. jug is perfect for juicing in batches. An integrated froth separator provides the smoothest, froth-free juice. The jug has an airtight seal, allowing you to store juice in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The pulp bin tucks away neatly behind the base, keeping your counters clutter-free. The vertical compact shape takes up minimal footprint.
Easy to Clean
All parts either pop off or are hinged for quick cleaning. Included brushes help scrub away any residual fibers. The components are top-rack dishwasher safe for ultimate convenience.
Seeing the Breville Juice Fountain Cold Plus in Action: My Personal Review
To give you the real inside scoop, I did an extensive hands-on test of the Breville Cold Plus in my own kitchen. Here’s how this cold press juicer performed during a week of juicing everything from leafy greens to root vegetables.
Unboxing and First Impressions
The Cold Plus arrived neatly packaged with each component in a fitted foam insert. Assembly was intuitive – it took me less than 5 minutes to put together the locking juicer base, stainless steel filter basket, juice jug, and pulp bin.
At 17.2 x 11.2 x 19.5 inches, the Cold Plus has a broad footprint but sleek vertical design. The polished stainless steel exterior gives it an elegant, modern look. While not petite, the space-saving shape fits better than expected on my counter.
One minor gripe is that the power cord is quite short at only 25 inches. Plan to juicer near an outlet or use an extension cord.
Juicing Leafy Greens
I started my juicing adventures with leafy greens, which typically don’t juice well in centrifugal juicers. I washed a big handful of kale and gently packed it into the wide chute. The Cold Plus handled the kale smoothly and produced a decent yield of bright green juice. There were some tiny flecks of fiber, but overall minimal pulp and great juice output.
Next up was a bundle of parsley and cilantro. Again, the Cold Plus performed admirably, ejecting dry pulp and turning out a vibrant dark green juice. So far, so good!
For my next test, it was time to try out some fruits. I juiced whole oranges, lemons, apples, and pears without needing to cut them down to size. The wide feed chute easily accommodated these larger fruits.
The Cold Plus did an excellent job extracting juice from the oranges and apples while ejecting dry, compact pulp into the bin. However, juicing the lemons and pears did result in some spray coming out of the chute. I’d recommend juicing citrus and soft fruits over a sink.
The fruit juices poured smoothly out of the spout, though the gray froth separator lid was a bit tricky to remove from the jug at first.
Finally, it was time to try out the Cold Plus with veggies. First I juiced carrots, celery, cucumber, and beets. The powerful motor and dual speeds handled them all with minimal effort, even pulverizing the dense beets.
I was impressed at how dry and compact the pulp was. The Cold Plus does an excellent job thoroughly extracting liquid and leaving behind dry fiber. There was minimal splatter juicing the veggies.
For my final test, I tried putting whole apples, carrots, kale, and beets through together. Despite the diverse textures, the Cold Plus juiced the produce mixture into a smooth, pulp-free juice.
Yield and Nutrient Retention
Throughout my juicing tests, the Breville Cold Plus consistently produced a high juice yield with very dry pulp. This shows that the juicer is efficient at squeezing out as much liquid as possible. According to Breville, the Cold Plus has a juice yield of 70-80%.
In terms of preserving nutrients, there is some debate on whether cold press or centrifugal juicers retain more nutrients. Since heat from friction can degrade delicate vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants, cold extraction has an advantage.
While I did not lab test the Cold Plus juices, they visibly maintained the bright colors of the original produce, indicating minimal nutrient breakdown. The Cold Plus runs at a very high RPM but also rapidly extracts juice, minimizing exposure to heat and oxygen. For a centrifugal model, it seems likely the Cold Plus retains nutrients comparably well.
Ease of Use
Overall, the Breville Cold Plus is extremely easy and intuitive to use. Assembly takes only a minute once you get the hang of the locking base and attachments. The switch flips from low to high speed smoothly.
The extra-wide chute minimizes prep work. I loved being able to juice whole oranges and apples! Just be sure to push produce through with the included plunger to get maximum extraction.
Thanks to the vertical, compact shape, there was minimal splatter and mess on my countertops. The jug and pulp bin have a generous capacity, so I could juice large batches without having to empty them too frequently.
A major perk of the Cold Plus is how easy it is to clean. All the detachable parts either pop off or hinge open, allowing you to easily rinse away any pulp residue under the faucet. Included brushes help scrub the mesh filter basket and small crevices.
I was able to clean the Cold Plus thoroughly in just a few minutes. The parts feel sturdy enough to hold up to frequent washing. While quick and convenient, the plastic components may be prone to staining over time.
One minor annoyance: juice tends to ooze out of the spout after juicing. I recommend having paper towels handy to wipe it clean.
Overall though, cleanup is fast and straightforward. The components are top rack dishwasher safe for ultimate convenience.
How Does the Breville Cold Plus Compare to Other Juicers?
The Breville Cold Plus is a popular choice, but how does it stack up to other top juicers like the Omega NC800HDS and Mueller Austria Juicer? Let’s compare the key differences:
|Omega NC800HDS||Masticating juicer|| || |
|Mueller Austria Juicer||Centrifugal juicer|| || |
|Breville Juice Fountain Cold Plus||Centrifugal juicer|| || |
While the Omega is better for greens and the Mueller is cheaper, the Breville Cold Plus strikes a great balance. It juices efficiently, fits whole produce, runs quietly for a centrifugal model, and looks great on the counter. For powerful performance without breaking the bank, the Cold Plus hits the sweet spot.
Is the Breville Juice Fountain Cold Plus Worth the Investment?
With a $299.95 MSRP, the Breville Cold Plus is certainly a splurge. But based on my extensive testing, I can confidently say this juicer is worth the investment if juicing will be a part of your routine.
The Cold Plus delivers where it counts:
- Power: The heavy-duty motor can juice any produce easily. No jams or stalls.
- Speed: You get fresh, nutritious juice in seconds, not minutes. Perfect for busy mornings.
- Convenience: With dishwasher-safe parts and a 3-second cleanup, it doesn’t get much easier.
- Versatility: You can juice fruits, veggies, leafy greens, wheatgrass, and more.
- Durability: The Cold Plus feels sturdy and well-made. It should provide years of reliable use.
- Value: For under $300, you get exceptional performance. This juicer should last ages.
While the price makes it a big purchase, I think the 2-speed Cold Plus is worth every penny if you plan to incorporate juicing into your regular routine. The time and convenience saved is invaluable. This juicer will pay for itself with all the healthy, delicious juice you’ll be drinking!
The Final Verdict: An All-Around Excellent Juicer
In my thorough testing, the Breville Juice Fountain Cold Plus performed exceptionally well across the board. From its thoughtful design touches to brute juicing power, this centrifugal model delivers the goods.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDBreville BJE530 Juice Fountain Cold Plus
- Unlock the power to extract every last drop of nutrition from fruits and veggies with a beastly 1000-watt motor
- Harness the magic of cold spinning to preserve heat-sensitive vitamins and enzymes other juicers destroy
- Wave goodbye to knife skills – this juicer lets you drop whole apples, pears, and tomatoes down its wide 3.5-inch chute
- Enjoy juice bar-style batches in seconds with a mega 70 oz pitcher and handy froth separator for silky smoothness
- Free up your countertop clutter with a space-saving design that tucks pulp in a hidden bin behind the base
- Powerful 1000-watt motor can juice even hard fruits and vegetables with ease
- Cold Spin Technology helps preserve heat-sensitive nutrients
- 3.5-inch wide chute allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- Extra-large 70 oz seal and store juice jug is perfect for juicing in batches
- Space-saving design with pulp bin tucked behind the base frees up counter space
- Dishwasher-safe parts make cleanup fast and convenient
- The juicer is a bit on the noisy side, around 65-75 decibels. Not the quietest model but manageable.
While not perfect – the short cord and potential for splatter were minor nitpicks – the Cold Plus exceeded my expectations. I was impressed by how efficiently it juiced, even handling tricky leafy greens decently. And the wide-mouth chute is a total game changer for prepping produce.
Most importantly, the Cold Plus makes it a cinch to get more fruits and vegetables into my diet. I can whip up a concentrated cocktail of nutrients in minutes. And with how painless cleanup is, I have no excuses not to juice daily!
If you want a versatile, durable centrifugal juicer that can handle both fruits and veggies with minimal fuss, the Breville Juice Fountain Cold Plus is a phenomenal choice. This high-powered juicer delivers exceptional performance that justifies the premium price tag.
I highly recommend the Cold Plus to anyone serious about juicing. Thanks to its cold extraction technology and well-thought-out design, you can confidently juice your way to better health with the Breville Cold Plus. This juicer earns my seal of approval – two thumbs up!
Pro Tips for Using the Breville Juice Fountain Cold Plus
After taking the Breville Cold Plus for an extensive test drive, here are some pro tips I’ve picked up for getting the most out of this juicer:
- Use the lower speed setting (6,500 RPM) for softer fruits and leafy greens. Use the higher 13,000 RPM speed for dense produce like beets, carrots, and apples.
- Alternate feeding harder and softer produce through together to help push softer items through.
- Chop produce into smaller pieces if you want a smoother, less pulpy juice rather than juicing whole.
- Drink juices right away for maximum nutrition, or store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
- Mix different vegetable and fruit juices together for more palatable flavors. Add fresh herbs like mint too!
- Freeze excess juice in ice cube trays for use in smoothies.
- Make sure to scrub the filter basket, lid, and pulp bin thoroughly after each use to prevent fiber buildup.
- Have paper towels handy to catch any drips from the spout. Invert the spout when finished juicing to avoid oozing.
- If produce gets jammed, turn off the machine, unplug it, and carefully remove the clog before restarting. Don’t overstuff the chute.
Follow these best practices, and your Breville BJE530 Cold Plus should deliver outstanding performance and nourishing juices for years to come!